Sunday, October 11, 2009

Tears

I think it is really interesting how any time you see someone crying you automatically think “What is wrong, are you okay?” Not all tears are due to sadness or pain. They could be due to many great feelings as well such as joy, happiness, and power. I would say about 90% of my tears aren’t due to sadness.

-The tears I cry on Sundays during church services aren’t due to sadness, but are tears of joy knowing that I have found my way with God. The most empowering words during a church service can bring tears to my eyes.

-The tears I cried when my friend was getting married. Watching them exchange their vows and promise to love each other forever. That is tears of joy. Also, tears of hope that someday I will find that happiness with someone.

- The tears I cried when I stayed up late one night talking to my guy friend. Him telling me a lot of times I forget to care about myself, and the first person I need to care about is myself. Because then, and only then, I am strong enough to really help people. Those tears I cried were tears of empowerment; finding that I really am a strong person.

- The tears I cry when I tell someone I love them. Those are the best tears anyone could ever have. Those are the tears I want in my life forever. I never want to have someone walk out of my life forever again not knowing that I love them.

I feel that it is a blessing to cry every once in awhile, whether it is sad tears or tears of joy. Let out a good cry, it is good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment