Thursday, April 9, 2009

What Road Shall I take

Lord, do I take the bottom road
That leads a person to the fiery flames of hell,
Where only torment exit's
With gnawing of teeth and all evil dwells?

The middle road is the one
That is a comfort zone and you feel a peace.
Then, a storm cloud comes and turns things around,
With only one foot planted on the ground

It makes no promises and
Things may not be as good as you planned.
trying to enter that golden gate,
You might be turned away or even banned.

The upper road is the road
That Jesus took when He carried the cross,
From Golgotha to that old dogwood tree;
Where He took on all the sins
Of the world and died to set us free.

Some will call it 'Heaven'.
I will call it home.
It's a paradise where
I want to frolic and roam.

It's a resting place where I will see
My loved one's and we shall unite.
All goodness will be made mine and
Not a soul will break the law or fight.

That upper road is one
I will strive for and try to make.
Walking, hand in hand, with Jesus
Is the decision I plan to take.

Copyright by Nancy Hoback

No comments:

Post a Comment