Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dear Future you,
“We will travel all over the world and save lives just by making people laugh. You will play music, and I will sing. I will read poetry to people, and we will all cry. Our children will always have bare feet, and I will only cut my hair in the summer. We will live in Africa for five years and then move to Nepal, Australia and then South America. We’ll bring Jesus to everyone we meet, and people will crowd the streets when we leave. You’ll sing songs in my ear until I fall asleep at night and I won’t need anti-depressants or sleeping pills. Our children will always know they are beautiful. They will dance on your feet after breakfast. I will cook all of our meals from home, except on the weekends when we’ll eat in diners. We’ll host dinner parties and drink white wine, inviting everyone we know: the homeless man who hangs out by the grocery store, the teenager working at the deli down the street, our kid’s soccer coaches, your boss, and all of the kids from the youth group at the church we attend. We’ll go on hikes every weekend with our children and take them sail-boating. People will come from all over the neighborhood and sit on our front lawn. In the spring, we’ll plant wild flowers, and in the summer, we’ll fly kites and go on picnics. Our children will love reading, and our daughters will respect themselves because they will know that God treasures them and that their worth is found in Him alone. We won’t worry about money, and we’ll always help out the families we know who are struggling. We’ll always be smiling. You’ll always make me smile.”

No comments:

Post a Comment